Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Solution!

Rain scald 004

First of all, I have never had anything from the vets, in this kind of bottle!  A large Brown mysterious bottle!

I have to thank everyone who has contributed to the answer to Rain Rot! So here it is. A Emulsion of Penicillin, in suspension.  No, dont ask!  Its a litre of this incredibly greasy stuff,even after application, and then washing my hands, my skin feels fantastic!!Lol!  I have applied it to the offending areas on the horses back.

This was done yesterday, today I checked her out, and found that the scabs had already lifted!!  The oily stuff must have something to do with that. now we leave the Antibiotic to do the rest. 

3 comments:

  1. Good, a success story. It's wonderful what this community can do, Cheyenne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness. That just sound like a major pain in the rear end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting. I think the vets keep those bottles for doling out stuff. We've got them before with disinfectant that they gave us in it. Glad that's helping.

    ReplyDelete