Monday, April 16, 2012

Galloway Forest Park.

What a great day!  A fantastic ride through the Galloway Forest Park. Twenty miles or so, of uninterrupted riding.

galloway forest 160412 006

The day started fine, and with sunshine, just the type of weather to buck the spirits of any rider!  It was warm without being hot, and the horses loved it.  Sheena, myself and Katy, left the parking area a little after 11am. Not a soul did we see for the first 8 miles! Then when we did it was at the remote farm of Upper Gairloch. 

So we rode from Mossdale, to  Clatteringshawes Loch.

galloway forest 160412 008

Then we crossed the river to the other side and rode the high level route back!  Simple.

galloway forest 160412 010

Of course there was the ubiquitous water crossing!

galloway forest 160412 012

And time for a drink! Gracie and Tiny fought for the same bit of river to drink from?? Whats that about! There was acres of water, and they want the same bit!

galloway forest 160412 013

Finally a pit stop, before the last run home. (More to stretch these old legs!)

galloway forest 160412 005

“Who`s that with the camera Dad?”  The run home was easy and fast,  a cup of tea all around and feed for the horses, load up and get home for a beer!

14 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your places. How I would love to be able to take human to places like that. Not sure her arthritic hips would be up to a 20mile ride. Last year 13 miles about did her in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe! Your human, needs to head up here, she could tag along, you could come too!

      Delete
  2. A very nice area to play.I like the shot over the horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right! We are lucky that way, it5s an area of great natural beauty!

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous too. Sounds like my idea of bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HIYA!!
    Thanks ever so much for the welcome back sentiments, at my place. Very dear.

    OH! even though I adore you header shot...having Gracie hug you like that, in the last shot here, is cool too!
    Beautiful riding day and that Galloway Forest is spectacular!...Oh love going so many miles without seeing any!
    OH..You've inspired me...but this crap=ola wet stuff, must go away here firstly.

    Glad to see and hear of this riding going on...we've all been haggled in the states so far, by the weather . I know it'll it better!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C`mon KK girl, the weathers not gonna be that bad for too long, and then its............ride ride ride!

      Delete
  5. Oh and....Love those Fancy Chaps your friend was wearing...very cool!
    I should get mine out...have some my sissy rigged up for me when I first started to ride again...though I was a heavier girl then, so I may swim in them now...riding horses for hours and hours does work wonders on the figure!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`m sure your chaps are the least of your worries, get them adjusted and get on out! So glad you are back!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a good ride! I love water crossings, especially when its hot out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. Looks like a first-rate day and a fine ride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a little slice of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweetie,

    I know it's been awhile but if you visit me here

    http://siamckye.blogspot.com/

    today...you'll see why!

    Hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete