Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Foot!


Going well?.............. Yes it was. The trouble was, at about this time, while we were congratulating each other on the ease of it all, that I started to have this nagging doubt! I couldnt shake it off. I kept thinking I had forgotten to do something?
Anyway I digress.. It was worming time, and as I like to change wormers on a regular basis, I had got a pack of a well known type. I was going to do the young ones and Bobby was doing the mature types!

About halfway through, one of my wormer syringes stopped working, for some reason only about an inch of the stuff had gone in. I called to Bobby, and as he was busy, I wandered over, all the while trying to get this infernal tube to work.

Bobby had a go, and then I had another, nothing! He, Bobby was worming Cassie, and as we have another large horse, Bruno, staying for a week, he was on the list to worm also.

Now this is where it gets interesting...............The tube that wouldnt work, was still in my hand, Bruno was tied. So I thought I`d try this faulty tube once more. (Can you guess?) As I was facing Bruno, and we were only about one foot apart, what could possibly go wrong?

No!……. All of a sudden, and without any warning, the tube plunger shot down the tube, out came the worming paste, and hit poor Bruno in the face! Well!!!! Did he look surprised? I`d say so!

Bruno, bless him, shot back, he hit the rear stable wall and then lurched forward! It was at this point that I realised what the nagging doubt had been all day! Bruno`s left foot came down on my right foot, now Bruno is a substantial chap! He is a Clydesdale x TB! Not a small animal!!

The dinner plate sized foot came down, with all the force of a steam hammer! Now my foot is a small thing! (contrary to my wifes thoughts!) Yes the nagging doubt was my footwear! For the first time in over a year, since I invested in steel toe capped boots! I had forgotten to put them on. Needless to say, there was much profanity, and much pain! It was a situation, the one where you have banged your head, and all you can do is accept the pain, but then people keep asking if your all right! You don’t need that, `cos you cant answer!

In this case I was in abject pain! Attached to my foot, that was in worse pain, all the while holding it, as though that would help!
Dancing one legged around the stable, where a thoroughly pissed off horse was snorting and stomping!
Of course things couldn’t get any worse, but to add insult to injury, Bobby was leaning over one of the partitions, and laughing quietly to himself! Needless to say, I was not a very happy Bunny!

About Bruno? He was fine, he got wormed. I also removed the globule of white horse wormer from his forehead, it stopped him looking like a giant pluke!

I on the other hand spent a few solitary hours in the local A&E. Two toes on my right foot were broken, and there was bad bruising, but I`m fine!

There is a motto to all this, although at the moment I cant think what it is!

As a “foot note”, Ha! My toes will be fine in a week or so.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am sorry to hear your tale of woe, and I am not laughing and I do not find it funny in the least ... yeah, right.
    Thanks for your comments on my blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! -man that must have hurt! Glad it will heal up quickly. That's the exactly the same "I really shouldn't be doing this . . ." feeling I had just before I got kicked in the face last June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well told. Thanks. Good thing you weren't wearing those steel-toed shoes. Mighta wrecked one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I can just see the "foot dance" you did! And OUCH! I am feelin' your pain! Those dang broken toes take awhile to heal and your foot will turn some mighty pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have you know! that the foot has never been the same since!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Get well soon Tenderfoot.

    ReplyDelete