Sunday, October 02, 2011

The Stove, a Mouse, and a Whisky

This summer, after last years arse freezer,  I decided to supply heating to the tack room.  It came in the form of a small cast iron stove.  I call her “Milly!”  

005

The tack room is actually our conservatory, but as we use it to dump junk, I took claim to it, my OH, bless her, didnt get a look in!

003 

One wall is given over to tack, and the other, to an old Oak sideboard. It stores some paper work and my Whisky.

002

The Log basket, nearest the door, is the home of an itinerant mouse. Although full of logs, and the odd newspaper, the mouse, who we will call “Clanger”, seems to be comfortable!  But as all good things come to an end, this will too!

004

I have one or two more things to do in the “Tack Room”, but nothing urgent.  It looks cluttered, but its just fine, all I need now is an armchair, a wall map of the riding routes, and a Brochure of American or Canadian Ranch Working Holidays!

13 comments:

  1. Is that a bottle of Cointreau I've spotted there? Think maybe I should pop round for a chat with Clanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my OH would be very happy in your tack room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cozy tack room!! I love it!! The new wood stove is a perfect fit! (No wonder the little mouse is happy there. I wanna be a little mouse living in that leather-odiferous and whisky a-plenty room! ((I don't really like whiskey, but I love it's smell!)))
    You have created a little piece of heaven there my friend. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tack-room-envy! And with a stove, too? I would set up a computer in that room & never leave! Just smellin' that leather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm loving the fire place in the tack room .....goes nicely with the whiskey for sure. But yes you're so right ...an arm chair is much needed. Oh and thanks for the encouragement to have laser treatment ....am soooo keen but on the flip side being half blind means each night when I look in the mirror I have flawless skin. Something to be said for the blur!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Love it myself! Tammy?? Great idea, doin` it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place to retire to on a damp and gloomy day. Thanks for all the pics and the guided tour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that tack...how many horses? I only have the one, and no tack room of my own :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ron!....The pics Ron, are terrible! Your just being kind!!Lol

    Hi Frances! 5 Horses?..Well actually, 4 and one half! (a sect A welsh).

    There are some saddles, I use for training youngsters, that wont fit an older horse, and some I have kept because?.......Well, just because!Lol! I use all but one, thats a childs western saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice retreat spot, with the wood stove and the whiskey. I'm in the process of converting my husband's former shop into my tack room; we are putting in my mother's old wood cookstove, which will throw off plenty of heat once fired up, and one corner will be dedicated to a place to do my art work- then I won't have the excuse that I have no place to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one Shirley! There is something secretive, about your own "hidy hole". I suppose thats why men have sheds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure is a mighty fine stove, Cheyenne. Yup, a mighty fine stove.

    ReplyDelete