Sunday, August 04, 2013

Somewhere To Go.

I seem to remember not wanting to return to the Cheviot Hills again.

maps 016

There is no other reason, other than I was happy I had done most routes worth doing. But this was not to be. After some careful avoidance of any reference to these hills, I finally succumbed.  Friends wanting to go, and with nothing better to do, we have planned to go on the 9th Aug.  It has always been my intention to go further afield. But after getting back from Montana, nothing here has quite the same allure. Shame to say, but there it is.  This is our attempt at rectifying the issue.  But my main reason for going is a more intimate objective.

Sunny has been riding out in company for some weeks now, and is doing rather well. Although, doing well, she needs more, many more miles under her belt. Therefore she will be my mount for this trip, Gracie shall lie abandoned in a field of grass,  and sit this one out.

12 comments:

  1. How is Gracie's leg/foot? Better?

    I hope you have pictures of this ride coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healed over, finally! But it still needs time. Yes we will have some good pics of this ride!!

      Delete
  2. Rode Hoppy and Pinto yesterday. Harder to get off some days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true, i`m busy doing 7 straight shifts, and its killing me!

      Delete
  3. Doesn't matter where you ride, just so that you do! Poor Camryn has been on Vacation from spring, not that she minds of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt she wont! Hows the house move coming on?

      Delete
  4. The Cheviots sounds fantastic to me although after the wide open spaces (and weather) of Montana I can understand your loss of enthusiasm. Hope Gracie is recovering well. Those coronet/heel injuries can take so long to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a fine place to ride, why dont you come along one year?

      Delete
    2. Er I've circled the yard so far - almost 100 yards! It might take a few years to build up the distance :-)

      Delete
    3. Every journey begins with the first step!

      Delete
  5. Hey there just getting caught up a bit with you. Sorry Gracie was injured...hope she heals right. I really enjoyed the story of your childhood..we too bathed in a tin tub...sadly I was not the second one in....but we won't go there. I wish you would share your private thoughts about your trip to Montana....I'm sure they are very interesting.....and I'm just naturally nosy!!!!Enjoy your ride in Aug.

    ReplyDelete